Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Stuff that Doesn't Suck Part 1

0 comments
While I enjoy, as they say in Europe, "taking the piss" out of many hard rock and metal acts; I sometimes get asked what I think is actually good. While I'm not gonna fill this site or show with knob slobbering and nut swinging of bands (plenty other blogs do that) I thought I'd share a bit of stuff that has pleased my ears recently.

First up is Bad City. These guys have a great old-school vibe and they sing about Paul Stanley so that's a plus.

Next up is guitarist Charlie Parra. While I'm not huge on covers and even less huge on Lady Gaga, I gotta admit this dude's medley of Gaga tunes done hard-rock style is pretty damn cool. He's got loads of cool stuff on his youtube page too so check it out



Finally, a clip from Manic Bloom; authors of the Decibel Geek theme song. Actually, we borrowed part of their song 'Push Off the Ground' for the show and they graciously agreed to let us use it. They've got lots of great tunes such as this one and they are pretty cool guys as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by Clairvo