Ken Mills I accept your challenge and will connect The Doors to KISS in six steps or less.
The Doors are, in my opinion, one of the most overrated bands in history. How will I connect them to KISS in six steps or less? Like this:
1. After The Doors Ray Manzarek was in a band called Nite City. Nite City released two albums, Nite City in 1977 and Golden Days Diamond Nights in 1978.
2. The guitar player and singer in Nite City was a dude named Paul Warren.
3. After Nite City broke up Paul Warren formed a power pop band he called Paul Warren & Explorer. They were quite popular on the sunset strip and released an album on RSO Records in 1980 called One of the Kids which was produced by Peter Coleman.
Now here's the thing, Peter Coleman also produced records for Pat Benatar and Holly Knight's band Spider, both of which I have already used as links. So let's see where else Peter Coleman might take us.
4. In 1984 Peter Coleman produced the self-titled album by a Baltimore band called The Ravyns.
5. The Ravyns are best known for the song "Raised on the Radio" which appeared on the Fast Times at Ridgemont High soundtrack. That soundtrack also included a song called "The Look In Your Eyes" by Gerard McMahon.
6. Gerard McMahon wrote "Is That You," the first song on the 1980 KISS album Unmasked.
And there you have it.