Chris Leatherman I accept your challenge and will connect Genesis to KISS in six steps or less.
Genesis were at one time an innovative progressive rock band. They sure evolved over time! It's just a shame, that's all. How am I going to connect these non-dancing invisible touchers to KISS in six steps or less? Like this:
1. Peter and Phil sure were huge in the eighties but Genesis guitarist Mike Rutherford managed to ferret out some chart success for himself with his side project Mike + The Mechanics.
2. One member of Mike + The Mechanics was journeyman singer and musician Paul Carrack. Paul had a top ten hit in 1974 with his band Ace with a song called "How Long" and he also sang lead on the Squeeze hit "Tempted" in 1981.
3. In between having hits with Ace and Squeeze Paul Carrack played with legendary Scottish rocker Frankie Miller.
4. Frankie Miller's 1978 album Double Trouble, (from which Carrack co-wrote half the songs) was produced by THE Jack Douglas.
5. Jack Douglas produced the first two albums by a kick-ass New Jersey rock band called Starz.
6. In the seventies Starz were managed by Bill Aucoin, who also happened to be managing a band called KISS.
And there you have it.