Monday, February 27, 2012

"Never Mind Of Bollocks"? REALLY?

0 comments

Andrew Jacobs here,

While perusing this morning's either most recent or most popular (or both) stories on Twitter, I came across this "Sex Pistols Sign New Record Deal" story on some site called Gigwise. In the story, the writer referred to the Pistols' landmark 1977 album Never Mind The Bollocks, Here's The Sex Pistols as "Never Mind Of Bollocks".

Now, at this point, I must confess to being just a little bit biased with regard to this mistake. You see, The Sex Pistols have the distinction of being the very first band that I ever fell head over heels in love with as a 15 (almost 16) year old in the summer of 1986. And because Never Mind The Bollocks, Here's The Sex Pistols is their one and only actual album (though I'd argue that 1979's The Great Rock 'n' Roll Swindle movie soundtrack is equally as relevant), it holds an extremely special place in my heart to say the very least.

I haven't contacted the writer (nor am I going to), so I have no idea why she made such a glaring mistake. My first guess is that she typed up the article on her iPad and the autocorrect changed "The" to "Of" (that's possible, right?). Regardless, when in doubt, GOOGLE IT, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by Clairvo